Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Anaerobic Respirtion

Aim: TO Demonstrate the effects of anaerobic respiration ( muscle fatigue)
hypothesis: the muscle will get tried opening and close the peg.
Equipment: a spring-loaded clothes peg.
Method:

1. Hold the clothes peg as  shown in the diagram below
2. Relax your fingers so that the peg  closes all the way
3. Squeeze your thumb and forefinger so the peg so the peg is fully open.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as quickly as you can until you experience muscle fatigue.


Results: it made the muscles in my arm tired and hard to open and close the peg.
conclusion/ discussions: I saw a peg opening and closing lots of times. because I was looking at the peg.
Evaluation: I am not sure. there is nothing to change 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Josh,
    this is a good first blog- showing the aim, hypothesis, method and results for the experiment. The conclusion and discussion you wrote was more of an observation of what you did see, not explaining why.
    Next time in your discussion you should add an explanation on why you think it is happening. For example- I think my fingers were getting sore because I had used up my energy. And there wasn't enough oxygen in my fingers to make lots more energy, so it could only do anaerobic respiration.

    Grade 5/10

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.